The London Swinton Circle was founded in the mid 1960’s. Its original membership was composed solely of those who had attended Conservative Party training schools at Swinton Castle in Yorkshire, and who wished to maintain contact with each other through regular meetings in London. Since that time, however, the London Swinton Circle has expanded its membership, and now welcomes members from all backgrounds who support traditional Conservative and Unionist principles.
The Circle holds regular meetings which are addressed by speakers on issues of interest to the Circle. Over the years the Circle has been addressed by members of the Conservative Party, the United Kingdom Independence Party and from the Ulster Unionist parties. The Circle has also been addressed by a number of authors, journalists, campaigners and other political commentators.
The Circle welcomed back Alistair McConnachie from The Union A Force for Good on the 5 June. Alistair paid tribute to the work of the late Mr Christopher Luke and his work in promoting Unionism over thirty years until his untimely death last winter.
Alistair’s theme was ’15 GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE UK’. The list of great things included:-
– Parliamentary democracy
– The Monarchy and The Union of the Crowns
– The Armed Forces
– Cultural integration in the UK
– The British Empire and The Commonwealth,
– The King James Bible
– Fighting tyranny
– The English language
– The National Anthem
– Sport & its development across the World
There was also a discussion on the threat from the Revolutionary Left to destroy our monuments to national figures as they viewed British history from their narrow prism as being too problematical and all the principal figures in British history being either tainted by racism or colonialist attitudes (or both!)
Our next meeting will be on 2 July. Full details will be circulated to members.
Members may also be interested in the Traditional Britain Dinner on 30 June.
Anyone who upholds the aims and objectives is invited to join the Swinton Circle.
The aims and objectives of the Swinton Circle include:
- National Sovereignty
- Maintenance of the Union
- Support for the Commonwealth Realms
- Proportionate punishments for crimes, including the restitution of capital punishment
- Qualified and justified immigration rather than mass immigration
- Equitable taxation and greater accountability of public spending at both the national and local level of government
- The promotion of values and morals within a Christian framework
- The celebration of British culture
If you agree with the aims and objectives of the Circle and wish to support traditional Conservatism and Unionism by joining the Swinton Circle please either download and complete the application form or simply pay via PayPal.
By PayPal –
|Swinton Circle Subscription|